Thank you for purchasing Grandstream’s GDS3710 Hemispheric HD IP Video Door System, an innovative IP based powerful video door system.
GDS3710 HD IP Video Door System is a hemispheric IP video door phone and a high-definition IP surveillance. GDS3710 is ideal for monitoring from wall to wall without blind spots. Powered by an advanced Image Sensor Processor (ISP) and state of the art image algorithms, it delivers exceptional performance in all lighting conditions. The GDS3710 IP video door system features industry-leading SIP/VoIP for 2-way audio and video streaming to smart phones and SIP phones. It contains integrated PoE, LEDs, HD loudspeaker, RFID card reader, motion detector, lighting control switch and more.
GDS3710 HD IP Video Door System can be managed by Grandstream’s free window based management software: GDS Manager Software, a client/server based software, which provides RFID card management and basic reports for the door entrance.
Along with Grandstream videophone, mobile Apps, and Network Video Recorder (NVR), the GDS3710 provides a powerful recording and monitoring solution. It can be managed with GSURF Pro or any ONVIF-compliant video management system. It also offers a flexible HTTP API for easy integration with 3rd party applications and other surveillance systems.
GDS3710 is ideal for entry places required wide angle monitoring, such as banks, hotels, schools, office building, retail stores and small warehouses, also good for small to median sized enclosed environments.
The GDS Manager is a management software for the GDS3710 based on a Server/Client architecture, providing RFID card management, basic reports for door entrance and attendance management.
The GDS Manager is a client–server model, which is a distributed application structure that partitions tasks or workloads between the providers of a resource or service, called Server, and service requesters, called Client.
Often clients and servers communicate over a computer network on separate hardware, but both client and server may reside in the same system. A server host runs one or more server programs that share their resources with clients. A client does not share any of its resources, but requests a server’s content or service function.
Clients therefore initiate communication sessions with servers that await incoming requests. Examples of computer applications that use the client–server model are Email, network printing, and the World Wide Web.
- Operating System: Windows 2003/2008 Server; Windows XP SP2/SP3; Windows 7 32bit/64bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3; 2.6GHz or above recommended
- Memory Capacity (RAM): 4GB or above
- Hard Drive Capacity: 320G (depending on video recording requirement)
- Graphics Card Type: Discrete Graphics Card (nVIDIA GEFORCE® GTX660 or above recommended)
- Network Adapter: 1000Mbps network adapter
- Operating System: Windows XP SP2/SP3; Windows Vista; Windows 7 32bit/64bit; Windows 8
- Processor: Intel® Core 2 Duo ™ or above
- Memory Capacity (RAM): 2GB or above
- Hard Drive Capacity: 120G (depending on recording requirement)
- Graphics Card Type: Discrete Graphics Card recommended
- Network Adapter: 100Mbps network adapter, 1000Mbps recommended
Note: UPS is required for SERVER to prevent database or video record file corruption caused by power outage.
Users need to download the GDS Manager from the following link at the section “Tools”:
- Click on to start installing the GDS Manager.
- Select the Language from the available below:
3. Follow instructions to complete the installation.
4. After installation is successful, the following icons will be shown on the Desktop:
Double click on the GDS Server icon to start listening for new client connections. The following icon will be shown on the taskbar , right click on to bring the server options as shown below.
- Configure: Click to display a window showing Listening IP and Port of the server as well as an option to start the server with the operating system and a button for starting the record server as shown below:
2. Record Server: Start an FTP server to save pictures uploaded by the GDS3710.
3. Exit: Click to quit the GDS Server software.
The GDS Manager is the client part of the software, which will allow interaction with the GDS3710 through the GDS Server.
To start the GDS Manager follow steps below:
- Double click on the GDS Manager and the following window will popup:
- Address: Enter the IP address or domain of the GDS Server machine.
- Port: Enter the listening port of the GDS Server.
- User Name: Enter the user name to connect to the GDS Manager, by default its admin.
- Password: Enter the password to connect to the GDS Manager, by default its admin.
2. Click Login and the following confirmation window will popup:
- Select Single Monitor or Dual Monitor to display the GDS Manager on single screen or two screens respectively.
- Click Confirm to start the GDS Manager.
The administrator sub-menu allows the admin to change its password and/or create new users.
Click on the “Administrator” icon to display the following window.
Admin can create Users and assign respective privilege which will have access to:
To change the admin password set the following:
- Enter a new password and click on .
To create a new user, follow below steps:
- Enter a user name.
- Enter a password.
- Click on .
Admin can create groups and sub-groups to separate users, this can be done by following those steps:
- Click on “Add” as shown below.
2. Enter the “Group Name” and “Parent Group Name” if parent group is needed.
3. Configure the schedule time frames and click on “Confirm” to add the group.
Admin can manage users from Member menu, he/she can add/delete/synchronize data with the GDS3710 and search for a user.
- Click on to add a new user, the following window will pop up to enter user’s specific information.
Filed automatically generated by the GDS Manager indicating the number of created users.
Enter the user name.
Enter the user gender, Male or Female.
ID number is a unique number to identify a user.
When dialing directly from the keypad, the GDS accept only Virtual number to identify a user, once the Virtual number is typed followed by # key, the Sip Number will be dialed.
Enter the cell phone number of the user.
The SIP Number is mapped with virtual number, once the virtual number is dialed the GDS3710 will send an INVITE to the SIP Number.
Enter the group where the user belongs.
Configures the schedule time frames which will be assigned to the users for door system usage
Enter some remarks regarding the current user.
Enter the RFID Card number (this is the number written on the RFID card).
Start Read Card
Click Start Read Card, then sweep RFID card on the USB card reader to read the number registered on the RFID card.
Specifies the Card Type.
Click on this filed to enable this user.
Enter date when the card will start being active.
Enter date when the card will end being active.
Enter the specific PIN code to unlock the door (Digits only)
Confirm the PIN code password
2. Select a user and click on to delete the selected entry.
3. Click on , the following window will pop up.
a. Plug the USB Card Reader that can be purchased from Grandstream as shown below.
b. Click on “Start Add”.
c. Start swiping RFID cards, and the (“Person Index”, ”Card Number”) fields will be incremented.
d. Click on “Stop Add” once finished adding new cards.
e. Click on “Save” to save the added cards.
4. Select a record and click on to copy the selected user to the GDS3710.
5. Select a batch of users, which will have the same configuration, and then click on , the following window will pop up.
a. Check the “Group” checkbox and select the Group to apply to all users.
b. Check the “Schedule” checkbox and select the Schedule to apply to all users.
c. Check the “Enable” checkbox to enable the users.
d. Check the “Valid Date” checkbox to set a validity date for all users.
6. Select users whose configuration need to be saved, then click on , the following window will pop up.
a. Click on , to browse directories where to store the users’ data.
b. Click “OK” to save the data.
a. A pop up window will appear to confirm the information uploaded and overriding of existing member
b. And the following window will appear indicating the success of the import.
8. Users can search for members using the search bar to filter with different methods:
- Person Index
- Group Name
- Virtual Number
- Card Number
Admin can schedule time frames which will be assigned to the users for door system usage, outside the configured time intervals, the GDS will deny users’ access.
Click on to edit the schedules or for schedule details.
Admin can manage holidays which will be assigned to the users for door system usage.
Click on to edit the holidays or for holiday details.
This sub menu allows users to search the available GDS3710 and prepare the configurations.
Click on “Search” to perform a search for all GDS3710 available in the local network, the following window will be shown.
- Click “Search” to search for available GDSs
- Select a GDS3710 and click on “Add” to start configuring selected GDS3710 from GDS Manager.
- Click “Exit” to quit the search window.
This feature offers the ability to pop up a video stream window on or to record up to 60 seconds video when the alarm is triggered on the GDS37XX, this applies for: Motion Detection; Tamper; Wrong PIN input; DI; Hostage; Alarm Testing; Non-Scheduled Access Alarm.
Configuration menu allow users to add manually available GDS3710 devices on the network to the GDS Manager.
- Click on “Configuration” and the following window will pop up.
- Click on “Add” to add devices.
- Enter the “Device Name”, “IP” or “Domain Name” and “User/pass” as well as the RTSP port.
- Click “Ok” to add the new device.
- Select a device and click on “Delete” to delete the selected device.
- Click on “Delete all” to delete all the available devices.
- User can now enter the Remote PIN set on the GDS37xx for each door on “PIN to Open Door 1” and “PIN to Open Door 2” fields. (This field isn’t synced with the GDS37xx and needs to be entered manually).
- Keep Door Open feature can now be enabled and synched from the GDSManager immediately.
Click on “Card Info” to copy card information stored on the GDS3710 to the GDS Manager.
- Select User to be added to the GDS Manager, then click on “Copy to Manager”.
- Select User to deleted from the GDS3710, then click on “Delete Card Information”.
- Click on “Exit” to quit the device card menu.
This sub-menu provides access to GDS3710 and GDS Manager logs.
Click on “Device Log” to retrieve logs of GDS3710 operations.
The following window will be shown to filter logs.
- Filter can be done using 4 methods:
- Device Name: Select the device name from the drop-down list.
- Operation Type: 24 operations are available to filter with.
- All: Display all available logs.
- Visiting Log: Display logs related to visiting logs
- Open Door via Card: Display logs related to opening door by RFID card.
- Open Door via PIN: Display logs related to opening door by password.
- Open Door by DI: Display logs related to opening door via digit input.
- Keep Door Open (Immediate): Display logs related to the immediate keep door open.
- Keep Door Open (Scheduled): Display logs related to the scheduled keep door open.
- HTTP API Open Door: Display logs when opening the door using HTTP API.
- Call Log: Display logs related to call logs.
- Motion Detection: Display logs related to motion detection.
- Sensor Alarm: Display logs related to sensor alarm.
- Vandalism: Display logs related to dismantle by force (GDS3710 will trigger alarms set on “Tamper alarm” when trying to remove GDS from the installation bracket).
- Hostage Alarm: Display logs related to hostage alarm (GDS3710 will trigger alarms set on hostage alarm when users enter password on the GDS3710 keypad on an urgent situation).
- Invalid Password: Display logs related to input error alarms (GDS3710 will trigger alarm actions every 5 failed attempts).
- Device Temperature: Display logs related to device temperature
- Door or Lock Abnormal: Display logs related to abnormal door opening (not triggered via PINs/Card/DI)
- System up: Display logs related to device booting up
- Reboot: Display logs related to device rebooting.
- Reset (Clear All Data): Display logs related to full factory reset.
- Reset (Retain Network Data Only): Display logs related to unit factory reset except network data.
- Reset (Retain Only Card Information): Display logs related to unit factory reset except card information.
- Reset (Retain Network Data and Card Information): Display logs related to unit factory reset except network data and card information.
- Reset (Wiegand): Display logs related to unit’s hard factory reset using wiegand cable.
- Config Update: Displays logs related to configuration update.
- Firmware Update: Display logs related to firmware update.
- Non-Scheduled Access: Display logs related to when a legitimated users access the door outside of the configured schedule.
- Unauthorized door opening attempt: Display logs related to opening door via non-registered digits input.
- Unauthorized door opening attempt(over wiegand): Display logs related to opening door via non-registered cards.
- Virtual Number: Enter the Virtual Number of the user to filer with.
- Period of time: Select the period of time
- Click “Search” to start searching for logs according to search criteria.
- Click on “Export” to export displayed logs.
Click on “Administrator log” to retrieve logs of GDS Manager operations.
The following window will be shown to search for GDS Manager logs.
This window display information logs performed by the GDS Manager, such as login, adding/deleting cards, modifying users, adding/deleting devices…
Click on “Realtime Video” to list available GDS3710 streams.
Users need to add first GDS3710 to the GDS Manager from the “Search” sub menu to display stream on the “Realtime Video” menu.
The following screenshot display the video stream of the connected GDS3710, users can start/stop the live stream, take a stream’s capture, enable/disable the sound, enable two – way audio, choose the stream and open the door remotely using the following commands: .
Click on “Preview Configure” to select the file where to store screenshots taken from the GDS3710.
The following window will pop up to select the directory where to store screenshots taken from the GDS3710.
The “GDS” sub-menu displays connected GDS3710 to the GDS Manager added via the “Search” sub menu and their video stream.
This menu allows users to configure the SMTP server information and access to the report list.
The SMTP server sub menu allows users to configure their SMTP server address, port, sender Emailbox and to send a test text.
The report list sub menu allows users to configure the report list including the report’s name, email, subject, text, send period time (daily, weekly, and monthly), and report type (attendance Summary, Overtime..etc).
Click on to access the report list configuration as displayed on the following screenshot.
The “Attendance Management” sub menu display attendance records, as well as work shift, vacation, and time frame.
Click on under “Timeframe” in order to set start and end work time and other time property as shown below.
Enter the Time Frame name.
Start Clock-in time
Enter time when users are allowed to start check-in.
Start Clock -out time
Enter time when users are allowed to start check-out.
Office Time Starts
Enter office start working time.
Office Hour End
Enter office end working time.
Enter end check-in time (member will be considered as absent after this time).
Enter end check-out time (no check-out will be accepted after this time).
Flextime to Work
Enter allowed late time. When set to “0” users will be considered absent after the configured “Office Time Starts “.
Flextime off Work
Enter allowed leaving early time. When set to “0”, users will only be allowed to leave after “Office Hour End”.
Users can also modify or delete the timeframe by clicking on “Modified”, “Deleted” respectively.
Click on under “Work Shift” to define work shift schedule to assign it to users. This can be done by completing the following information.
Users need to:
- Set a Work Shift Name.
- Select a Cycle Type, either weekly or monthly.
- Select a timeframe.
- Select days of the shift.
Click on under “Work Shift Assignment” to assign work shift to users as shown below.
- Select from “Member” users to include for a work shift using arrows.
- Select a “Start Date” and “End Date” for validity of the assignment configuration.
- Select a work shift from the list and add it using arrow.
- Click “OK” to complete the selection.
Click on under “Special Assignment” to add a special assignment as shown below.
Users need to set:
- “Start Time” of the special assignment.
- “End Time” of the special assignment.
- Assign a specific “Timeframe” or set it to “Leave” to accept all periods.
- Set a “Remark” as a reminder of the purpose if this special assignment.
Click on to add a new vacation type to assign it to users, the following window will pop up.
Users need to set:
- Enter a name on the ‘’Vacation Type” to identify the vacation.
- Select the unit of the vacation on “Unit”.
- Set “Whether in attendance” to “Yes” or “No”.
Click on to set configuration for vacation.
The following buttons allows users to delete, approve, revoke the vacations, export the vacation list or send an email:
Following configuration needs to be done:
- Select users for vacation using arrows.
- Enter the “Start Time” for vacation.
- Enter the “End Time” for vacation.
- Enter “Vacation Type”.
- Set a “Reason for Leave”.
- Enter the “Petition Date”.
Click on to configure their users’ overtimes, the overtime sub menu allows also to manage the overtime per users or periods.
The clock in/out sub-menu shows information about users, Name, Group Name, Date, Check-in and Check-out time, as shown below.
Click on to retrieve users’ information from the GDS3710 (users may need to wait around 2 minutes for the GDS Manager to retrieve users’ information from the GDS3710).
Click on to export users’ information to the specified path in “.csv” format as shown below.
- Click on to add a new makeup record, the following window will pop up.
- Following steps need to be done:
- Select users for Makeup record using arrows.
- Enter the “Makeup Date”.
- Enter the “Makeup Catalog”.
- Enter “Makeup Reason”.
- Click on “Confirm”.
- Select a user and click on to set the audit status for a user as pass or rejected, the following window will pop up.
- Set the status of the audit either as “Audit Passed” or as “Audit Rejected”.
- Set the audit reason.
- Select a user, and then click on to revoke the status.
- Select a user and click on to delete it from the audit list.
- Select users and click on to export the selected users in “csv” format.
This sub menu provides an overview of attendance details, such as attendance summary, late summary, full attendance summary.
Users need to select the desired type of report from “Attendance Detail”, “Attendance Summary”, “Late summary”, “Full Attendance Summary”, then click on to retrieve data from the GDS3710.
User can also click on to export data on the specified path in a “csv” format.
Please visit our website: https://www.grandstream.com to receive the most up-to-date updates on firmware releases, additional features, FAQs, documentation and news on new products.
We encourage you to browse our product related documentation, FAQ and User and Developer Forum for answers to your general questions. If you have purchased our products through a Grandstream Certified Partner or Reseller, please contact them directly for immediate support.
Our technical support staff is trained and ready to answer all your questions. Contact a technical support member or submit a trouble ticket online to receive in-depth support.
Thank you again for purchasing Grandstream Door Phone System, it will be sure to bring convenience and color to both your business and personal life.
This section documents significant changes from previous versions of user manual for GDS Manager. Only major new features or major document updates are listed here. Minor updates for corrections or editing are not documented here.
- Added support of “Daily” sent time in the report generation. [Report List]
- Added Device log event for unauthorized open door attempt via Wiegand interface. [Device Log]
- Added multi-language support for French, Spanish, and Portuguese. [Download and Install GDS Manager]
- Added more lever for User Management. [Basic Information]
- Added support to Open Door2 via remote PIN. [Configuration]
- Added ability to configure “Keep Door Open” from GDSManager and synchronize with GDS37xx. [Configuration]
- Added feature to record video when alarm event profile triggered. [Alarm Linkage]
- Added Account Number to the SIP number in call log. [Device Log]
- Added support to import user data via the CSV format file [import user configuration data]
- Added Private Door Password Configuration Field in Member Management. [Private Door Password]
- Increased the Log Operation Types [Device Log]
- Added sorting function based on time in administrator logs [Administrator Log]
- Added SIP mode to display the IP/Port for peering calls in the visiting logs and call logs. [Device Log]
- Added schedule batch modification option. [Schedule]
- Added SMTP support to GDSManager. [SMTP Server Information]
- Added option to select windows numbers to display when started.
- Added “Delete All” option in device configuration page. [Configuration]
- Regulated the maximum number of group to 50. [Group]
- Added keypad input error alarm under device log. [Device Log]
- Added manually configured email reporting function. [Report List]
- Updated UI Resource.
- Added GSDServer should display first when program initialized or launched.
- Added Record Server allowing configuration of the storage paths. [Starting GDS Server]
- Added “check box” in front of the search list of the device. [Search]
- Added prompted message of “Open Door Successfully” in the preview screen when door opened. [Realtime Video]
- Added Open Door feature. [Realtime Video]
- This is the initial version for the GDS Manager.