Grandstream GXV33XX IP Multimedia series Phones allow users to customize the GUI desktop layout as well as GUI configurations on the phone, offering users with flexibility and control. The GUI configuration includes displaying/hiding applications, configuring parameters on the phone with specific requirements, controlling the display appearance, enabling/disabling some functions and much more.
This document describes how to use the Grandstream Graphical GUI Customization Web Tool to customize the GXV3350/GXV3370/GXV3380 GUI settings and applications. This tool allows users to do the following configurations on the GXV33XX IP Multimedia Phone for Android:
- Turn on/off applications
- Set up parameters
- Personalize phone display
- Turn on/off certain functions on applications
The Grandstream Graphical GUI Customization Tool is available through the following link:
GXV33XX LCD GUI customization tool is available as a web service, users need to access to below URL in order to generate the GXV Customization file that will be uploaded to the phone: http://tools.grandstream.com:8081
First you will need to select the phone model by clicking on the GXV33XX phone:
The GUI Config Web Tool contains 7 sections that will be used to build the customization file that is going to be generated in the end using the “Export Configurations” button shown in the following figure (all three models have the same sections and in the later steps we have selected the GXV3370).
Steps below explains how to generate and upload the customization file to the GXV33XX:
- Access GUI Config Tool link.
- Set up the parameters and application configurations.
- Generate the GXV33XX custom file “GXV33XXcust” by clicking on “Export Configuration” button.
- Put the generated custom file “GXV33XXcust” on your HTTP/HTTPS/TFTP server.
- Go to GXV33XX Web GUI 🡪 Maintenance 🡪 Upgrade 🡪 Config File 🡪 CUST File.
- Set the Download mode and enter the customization file path under “GUI Customization File URL”.
- Reboot the phone to trigger the upgrade.
- After booting up, GXV33XX LCD shall display the customized GUI.
Under the GXV33XX Config tool web interface 🡪 Config Settings, the user can choose what Settings to enable/disable from the web tool. See the following figure.
In this section, users have the following Settings that can be enabled or disabled:
- Contact Settings
- Background Settings
- Layout Settings
- Call Settings
- Screensaver Settings
- Language and Keyboard
- Taskbar Settings
For instance, if the user unchecks “Contact Settings”, the related tab will be disabled and greyed as shown on figure below:
The “Contacts Settings” section on the Config Web Tool, as can be seen, provides the parameters for Contacts Import/Export, phonebook download and LDAP/Call History configuration for the GXV33XX.
In the Background Settings page, the admin can select screen image from the available ones or import it by clicking on “Upload” under “Select image”.
This settings page gives the admin the ability to set the graphic design wanted, by changing and modifying the visual structure of the GXV33XX user interface. See the following figure.
Under this section, the administrator can do the following operations:
- The number of desktop pages can be increased by clicking on or decreased by clicking on .
- The administrator can enable/disable Displaying the Dialpad and specify the App install Screen number (only for GXV3370 and GXV3380).
- The administrator can also upload an android 3rd Party application using the “Add 3rd Party App” option. By clicking “Upload” button, and entering “Display Name” in the pop-up window, then uploading the apk file, finally clicking “Add”. The 3rd-party application with the icon and name will be displayed on the panel.
- The administrator can change the applications and widgets location on the pages, and in order to move an application to another page, the administrator can drag and drop the needed applications to “No more applications” bar in the bottom in order to be able to put them in a different desktop page. Please, refer to the following figures:
- In addition to the available built-in apps and the 3rd party app, the admin can add widgets to the GUI of the GXV33XX by clicking on “Add Widget button” button. Please, refer to the following figure:
- Users can also configure shortcuts in the right of the layout. Please, refer to the following figure:
This is the page where the administrator can set One-Way Call Function Button (Hold, Start Video, Transfer…etc.) which will be will be directly displayed in the call screen, as well as Conference Call Function Buttons which will be directly displayed in the conference call screen, with 4 items by default.
Please, refer to the following figures:
This is the page where the administrator can configure screensaver parameters, such as the source of the screensaver (Default, local or from internet), screensaver start time, Turn off LCD Time, and the Interval between pictures. Please, refer to the following figure:
This section is used for disabling language setting or for choosing the phone’s display language among the languages available under “Language Settings” and can upload a custom language file. The admin has also 4 Keyboard choices: “Android Keyboard(AOSP)”, “Google Pinyin IME”, “Japanese IME” or “Custom Input Method” (To allow the admin to upload a customized Keyboard) available under “Default Input Method”.
Admin can disable or customize the taskbar in the top of the screen by clicking on “Edit” to choose the wanted functions in order to allow the user to easily enable/disable multiple programs and quickly switch among them by clicking the appropriate icon on the taskbar. See following figure.