The HT818 is an advanced 8-port VoIP gateway with 8 FXS ports and an integrated Gigabit NAT router. Built upon Grandstream’s market-leading SIP ATA/gateway technology with millions of units successfully deployed worldwide, this powerful gateway features exceptional voice quality in various application environments, strong encryption with unique security certificate per unit, automated provisioning for volume deployment and device management, and outstanding network performance for home and office use.
|Power socket. Used to power HT818 (12V – 1.5A)|
|Network LAN port. Used to connect your HT818 to local network when using as router.|
|Network WAN port. Used to connect HT818 to your router or gateway using an Ethernet RJ45 cable.|
|FXS ports to connect analog phones / fax machines to HT818 using RJ11 telephone cable.|
|Factory reset button. Press for 7 seconds to reset factory default settings.|
CONNECTING THE HT818
The HT818 is designed for easy configuration and easy installation, to connect your HT818, please follow the steps below:
- Insert a standard RJ11 telephone cable into the phone port and connect the other end of the telephone cable to a standard touch-tone analog telephone.
- Insert the ethernet cable into the internet or LAN port of the HT818 and connect the other end of the ethernet cable to an uplink port (a router or a modem, etc.)
- Insert the power adapter into the HT818 and connect it to a wall outlet.
- The Power, Ethernet, and Phone LEDs will be solidly lit when the Phone Adapter is ready for use.
CONFIGURING THE HT818
The HT818 can be configured either using the embedded Web GUI using PC’s web browser or using the IVR voice prompt menu.
Obtaining the IP address
The HT818 is by default configured to obtain the IP address from DHCP server where the unit is located. In order to know which IP address is assigned to your HT818, you should access to the “Interactive Voice Response Menu” of your adapter via the connected phone and check its IP address mode.
Please refer to the steps below to access the interactive voice response menu:
- Use a telephone connected to phone 1-8 port of your HT818.
- Press *** (press the star key three times) to access the IVR menu and wait until you hear “Enter the menu option “.
- Press 02 and the current IP address will be announced.
Configure using Web UI
- Connect the computer to the same network as your HT818 and make sure the HT818 is booted up.
- You may check your HT818 IP address using the IVR on the connected phone.
- Open the Web browser on your computer.
- Enter the HT818’s IP address in the address bar of the browser.
- Enter the administrator’s password to access the Web Configuration Menu. (By default the admin password is admin)
Please download the user manual and FAQ for more detailed configuration instructions: https://www.grandstream.com/our-products