Turning the Handset ON/OFF
To turn ON the handset
Long press on Power Key until the LCD screen lights up.
To turn OFF the handset
Long press on Power Key again when the handset is idle until the display turns off.
- On the idle screen, press (Right arrow navigation key) to access the second page.
- Select “Wi-Fi”, then press the ON or OFF softkey.
* Also available under Menu > Settings > Network Settings
Connecting to Wi-Fi Network
For easy deployment, WP8XX out of the box is preconfigured to connect to a default SSID named wp_master with a password (WPA/WPA2 PSK) equal to wp!987@dmin, users can adapt these settings from the web UI as well to make it easier for deployment on customer site.
Go under the web interface of “Network Settings > Wi-Fi Settings > Wi-Fi Security”.
The WP8XX supports dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, please refer to the following steps:
- On LCD menu, press Menu key > Settings> Network Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Set Wi-Fi to “On“, and navigate to “Wi-Fi Settings “. A list of Wi-Fi networks will be displayed.
- Select the desired network to connect to. (Enter the correct password to connect if requested)
WP8XX will display Wi-Fi icon on the main LCD menu if the connection is successful.
Wi-Fi Band Configuration
If 5GHz and 2.4Ghz are both available, the WP8XX will use 5GHz, but it may switch to 2.4GHz if the signal of 5GHz is poor. Users may also specify the Wi -Fi Band in order to fix it or to keep it Dual Band under Settings > Network > Settings Wi-Fi Band.
Wi-Fi Signal Warning Configuration
Users Can configure Wi-Fi signal warning sensitivity or disable it under Settings > Network Settings > Wi-Fi signal warning. Five sensitivity levels are available: Level 1 is the lowest and level 5 is the highest.
Wi-Fi Roaming Mode Configuration (WP820 only)
Wi-Fi Roaming settings configuration can also be done by users under Settings > Network Settings > Wi-Fi Roaming Mode.
The options that can be configured under “Wi-Fi Roaming Mode” are the following:
- Signal Threshold: When the Wi-Fi signal strength of the device drops below this value, the device will scan for a hotspot above the threshold value and connect to it. The default setting is -70.
- Good Signal Scan Interval: The time interval for signal scanning when the Wi-Fi signal strength is higher than the signal threshold. The default setting is 600s.
- Poor Signal Scan Interval: The time interval for signal scanning when the Wi-Fi signal strength is lower than the signal threshold and there is no hotspot which is higher than the current signal strength. The default setting is 5s.
- Press Power Key for idle screen.
- Press (Right arrow navigation key) to access the second page.
- Select “Bluetooth”, then press ON softkey.
- Press OFF softkey to deactivate. And the Bluetooth icon will disappear.
* Also available under Menu > Settings > Bluetooth Settings
Setting the Screen Lock
Enable the screen lock
To configure Key lock from the handset, follow below steps:
- Access WP8XX’s menu à Settings à Basic Settings à Display à Lock Screen.
- Set “Lock screen” to “On”.
- (Optional). Configure “Set Password’ to define a PIN code (6-digit numerical password) to unlock the keypad and press “Save”.
Locking/Unlocking the screen
- To lock the Screen: Press the Pound key and hold for approximately 2 seconds.
- To unlock the Screen: Press Unlock button (Left softkey) and Pound key to unlock the keys.
Configuring The LCD Brightness And Screen Timeout
- Press Menu > Settings
- Navigate to Basic Settings > Display.
- Configures the LCD brightness, key backlight, lock screen, screen time out and the font size.
- Press “Back” softkey to save and apply the new settings.
Return To Idle Screen
Press the Power Key to quickly exit the Menu (Or the call) and return back to the main idle screen.
Selecting The Menu Language
- Press “Menu” > Settings > Basic Settings > Language.
- Choose the desired language.
- Press “Yes” softkey to confirm.
Configure Date and Time
- Press “Menu” > Settings > Basic Settings > Date and time .
- Select date/time/time zone fields and Edit it’s current values.
- Press “Save” softkey to confirm.
Activate/Deactivate Hands-free Mode
- Press (Hands-free key) while making a call or on the idle screen to activate.
- Press again to deactivate.
Using the default outgoing line
- Enter the desired number to dial using the keypad buttons.
- Press (Dial key) or (Speaker key) to initiate the call (audio by default).
* Press the “Call” Softkey to choose an audio or video call.
Selecting the outgoing line to use
- Enter desired number to dial using keypad buttons.
- Press “Accounts” softkey.
- Select a line from available lines displayed on the screen to use for dialing out.
- Press (Dial key) or (Speaker key)
- Enter the desired number to dial using the keypad buttons.
- Press (Dial key) or wait for 4 seconds and the call will be initiated automatically.
Press (Dial key) or “Accept” softkey or (Speaker key) to answer an incoming call.
Press (On-hook key) to terminate the call.
- During an established call, press (left softkey) to Hold.
- To resume the call, press the un-Hold softkey.
- During an established call, press Transfer softkey. * The initial call will be on hold.
- Enter the number you want to transfer the call to.
- Press(Dial key) to complete the transfer.
- During an established call, press Options (left softkey) > New call.
- Choose the line and enter the number you want to transfer the call to, then press (Dial Key).
* The initial call will be put on hold
- Once the second call is established, press Options (left softkey) > Transfer
- Select the initial call on hold, and press Transfer (left softkey) to complete the transfer.
- During an established call, press Options softkey > Conference.
- Enter the number of the second party you want to add to the conference and press (Dial key) Or Join Conference softkey.
- During an established call, press Options softkey > Mute.
* Call screen will display Mute Enabled icon
- Press Options > Unmute to switch the microphone back on.
Activate Call Features
- Press “Menu”.
- Use arrow keys to reach Settings > Call Settings.
- Select then configure the desired feature
* Available features for each account: Auto answer; Call forward; Do not Disturb; Speed dial.
- Select Enabled and press “Save” to confirm.
Activate Silent Mode
- Press and hold (Star key) until the handset displays “Silent mode on”.
* Idle screen will show a silent mode icon.
- To deactivate, press and hold (the Star key) until the handset displays “Silent mode off”
Direct IP Call
Direct IP calling allows two parties, that is, a handset and another VoIP device, to talk to each other in an ad hoc fashion without a SIP proxy.
Elements necessary to complete a Direct IP Call:
- Both WP8XX and the other VoIP Device, have public IP addresses, or
- Both WP8XX and the other VoIP Device are on the same LAN using private IP addresses, or Both WP8XX and the other VoIP Device can be connected through a router using public or private IP addresses (with necessary port forwarding or DMZ).
Users can perform IP calls following the below steps:
- Pick up the handset and press (Dial key) and dial the target IP Address.
- Example: to call 192.168.5.53, dial out 192*168*5*53
Play Voicemail Messages
- Press “Menu” > Voice Mail .
- Select the Account.
- Play Messages retrieved from your voice mail.