Property Management System (PMS) is a software application used in the hospitality industry to automate some hotel functions such as guest booking, guest details, etc…
Grandstream UCM63XX series have integrated a lightweight Local PMS providing the following hospitality features: set Room Status, Wake-up call, and more. For the use of small and medium properties without the need of integrating a 3rd party PMS software.
Supported PMS Features
The UCM63xx supports a built-in PMS system targeting budget chain hotels, it gives the possibility to UCM administrators and Hotel staff to operate the check-in / check-out, and log customers’ check-in information through the PMS user interface.
The features available on the Default PMS are as shown below:
Room Management ( Add Rooms)
Room Status (Check-in/Check-out records, Room availability view)
In order to use the Local PMS service on your UCM63XX, the PMS Module needs to be defined and set to “Local PMS”, this configuration can be done on the Basic settings tab as shown in the screenshot below, to access the PMS settings, Click on Other Features, and Choose PMS on the drop-down menu:
Below are the definitions of the configuration parameters available for the Local PMS.
A customized prompts that can be played when the wakeup call is answered. To customize it please navigate to PBX Settings 🡪 Voice Prompt 🡪 Custom Prompt
Back Up Voicemail Recordings
Back up voicemail recordings to external storage after check-out,
When Enabled, The user can set the SFTP server for storage purposes by defining the following attributes :
Automatically Clear Wakeup Calls
Scheduled wakeup calls for rooms can be cleared upong checking in or checking out.
Automatically Clear Wave Chat History
If enabled, room Wave chat history will be automatically cleared upon check-in or check-out.
Automatically Reset User/Wave Password
If enabled, the User/Wave password of the room extension will be automatically reset to a random password upon check-out.
The room management service offers the possibility to manually add rooms to the Local PMS User interface, either individually or by applying a batch addition for multiple rooms.
To do that, select Room Management, then either:
Add room manually
Enter the address, room number, and two extensions that match the room number from the list of available extensions,
After the Extension(s) is set, Define the Call Privilege to be one of the following options: Internal, Local, National, or International
Batch Add rooms
Select the Batch Add Rooms :
Begin with the Start address number, the Start room number, and the Start extension number,
In case you want to configure two extensions Per Room, Switch the number of extensions from one extension to two, this will generate two extensions per Room number, as shown in the example below :
then add the create number that defines the total number of rooms with the corresponding extension(s):
Furthermore, the Call Privilege can be configured to set call types to Internal, Local, National, and International
Finally, you can preview the created Rooms with their corresponding extension(s) by clicking the Button The Preview will appear as follows:
Once the rooms are added with their corresponding extensions, the User can have an overview of the Address, the Check-in status ( defined on the room status tab ), and the Extensions of the available rooms.
Delete Selected Rooms
to Delete a specific room, Click the icon and then confirm the deletion by pressing “OK”
To delete Multiple rooms, check the box corresponding to each Room :
then Click on the button to perform the action.
To delete all rooms, select all available rooms then click
Once the rooms are created, they will all be displayed in the Room status section with the status being either Check-out or Check-in, The attributes that are displayed are :
- Room Number: Displays the Room Number.
- Check-in status: Displays Check-in Status, either Checked-in or Not Checked-in.
- Check-in / Check-out: Changes the Check-in state of the room.
- Room Status: Displays the current Room Status of the room, it can be set to Available, Cleaning, Repairing, Cleaned, Room dirty, or Room closed, this gives the hotel staff a global view of the current state of all Property Rooms.
- Customer name: Displays the Customer’s first and last name.
- Guest Category Code: Displays the Guest Category code, Guest codes are individualized to residents so they can be issued to their visitors.
- Arrival date: Displays the Customer’s Arrival date.
- Expected departure date: Displays the Customer’s Expected departure date.
- Options: By clicking the icon you can configure other hidden attributes related to the Room occupation.
Modify Room Status
Once the room is created, you can configure additional attributes that are not displayed on the main page, to do that :
- Click the Edit options Icon
- the mandatory fields with the red star next to them will be already set since a Room status can not be marked as Checked-in if these attributes are not defined.
- Define additional attributes such as Guest account, Guest Credit Money, Guest’s Language, Call privileges ( Set to internal by Default ), and the Maid code that is defined on the Maid service tab.
The Check-in Procedure requires the hotel staff member to enter specific attributes about the Guest’s information, We will look at the example below to understand the procedure:
- The hotel staff member clicks on the Check-in Icon
- The following prompt is displayed :
- The Hotel staff member defines the Room Status from the drop-down menu, Fills in the mandatory fields that are: The Arrival date, Expected Departure date, and Call Privileges.
- The Hotel staff member can also fill in the optional fields such as the first and last name of the Customer, Guest Account, Guest Category Code, Guest Credit Money, and Language.
- Finally, Click on “OK” and the Check-in status will be set to “Checked-in”
Once a customer has left the property, the status of the room should change to “Not Checked-in” by Default, In Order to do that Click on the Icon and then Click “OK”
Check-in and Check-out History
You can check the records of Check-in/Check-out actions by clicking on the as shown in the screenshot below :
Once on the Check-in-Check-out History page, you can choose to delete a specific entry by clicking the icon next to the Record.
You can also search for a specific entry in the search filter, you can search by Room Number, Customer name, Arrival date, or Actual Check-Out date.
To delete all the records, Click on the icon.
In some cases, guests will request the hotel staff to wake them up at a specific time, you can do that by configuring a wake-up time related to the room number of the guest, where the specific IP phone on that room will ring the extension related to the room number at that specific time, this option is supported on the integrated local PMS on the UCM63XX.
Wake-up service creation
The settings can be defined as follows :
- Select the wake-up service Tab, Click to create a new wake-up schedule
- The configuration consists of defining some attributes such as :
- Room number: The room number on which the phone extension will ring at a specific time.
- Repeat Cadence: Determines whether the wake-up service will be repeated daily or once
- Wake-Up Time: Specifies the Exact wake-up time.
- Once saved, the status will be marked as shown below :
Wake-up service change
- In Order to change an already-defined wake-up service, Click the icon , there will be an option to cancel the Wake-up service, if already defined, you can also change the Repeat cadence to daily if desired
- The newly Displayed entry will be :
Wake-up service deletion
- To delete a specific wake-up service, Click the icon ,Confirm the deletion by Clicking “OK”
The cleaning services in Hotels and properties can be managed thanks to the Maid service configuration option, this can be done by assigning a specific code and password to each available maid, these credentials will be used by the maids to change the status of the room to “Cleaning” or “Cleaned” by entering the specific PMS feature code followed by their credentials on the IP phone related to the Room number, this will help the Property manager to control the current state of the rooms, the specific person that was responsible for the cleaning task and also to enhance security protocols.
In order to configure the Maid service on the UCM63XX :
- Click on the Maid Tab of the Local PMS, Then Click to add new Maid credentials
- Add the Maid code and Password
- Once confirmed, Click save and the Maid credentials will be displayed on the main page
The Maid credentials defined on the UCM are unique and can be linked to any available room defined on the Room management with the corresponding Extension, this can be done by setting up a feature code specific to each Maid credential.
PMS Feature codes
The Local PMS service includes a pre-defined feature codes section exclusive for the PMS actions such as :
- PMS Wakeup service
- Update PMS Room Status
- PMS Remote Wake-up Service
The feature codes can be accessed on the UCM, by accessing Call features=> FeatureCodes => Feature Codes Tab
These feature codes are dialed from the endpoint available in the hotel room or from the reception to trigger a specific action, these actions are communicated by an IVR system in the IP phone to give the user options to choose which action to perform exactly,
We will distinguish between the available options available for each action individually
PMS Wakeup Service
The PMS Wakeup Service can be accessed by dialing the feature code *35. PMS Wakeup Service can be added, updated, activated, or deactivate based on the choices given by the IVR system, pressing a specific number can trigger the corresponding action.
For example, the IVR will be programmed to prompt the user to press “1” to add a wake-up service, Press “2” to update a wake-up service, Press “3” to activate a wake-up service, or Press “4” to deactivate a wake-up service
Update PMS Room Status
The status of the Room can be updated in two ways
1. Dial the room status feature code + maid code, listen to the prompt and then dial the appropriate key for the desired room status, this will trigger an IVR response asking you to choose either “Room Cleaning service” by clicking “1”, or Room repair service by clicking “2”
Example: A maid with maid code 0001 dials *230001, listens to the room status options prompt, and then dials 1 to change room status to Available.
2. Dial room status feature code*maid code*desired room status option key to quickly change the room status without needing to go through the system voice prompts.
Example: Maid with maid code 0001 dials *23*0001*1 to change room status Available, that is in the case where the maid already knows the corresponding codes for each room status
PMS Remote Wakeup Service
Dial this code to add, update, activate, and deactivate the PMS wakeup service for other extensions. this feature is used in the reception to manage many endpoints at the same time, to do that you can enter the Room’s Extension number followed by the Pound “#” key.