The GWN7624 is an in-wall Wi-Fi access point designed for small-tomedium sized businesses, offices, residential, commercial locations, hotels and more. It provides three Gigabit network ports to provide IP phones, IPTV, computers and similar devices with Ethernet while also providing and uplink Gigabit network port with PoE/PoE+. The GWN7624 offers 4×4:4 MU-MIMO technology and a sophisticated antenna design for maximum network throughput and expanded Wi-Fi coverage range. To ensure easy installation and management, the GWN7624 uses a controller-less distributed network management design in which the controller is embedded within the product’s web user interface. The GWN7624 is also supported by GWN.Cloud and GWN Manager, Grandstream’s free cloud and on-premise Wi-Fi management platform. It is the ideal Wi-Fi AP for voice-over-Wi-Fi deployments and offers a seamless connection with Grandstream’s Wi-Fi capable IP phones. With support for advanced QoS, low-latency real-time applications, mesh networks, captive portals and 200 concurrent clients per AP, the GWN7624 is an ideal Wi-Fi access point for medium wireless network deployments with medium user density.
Ethernet RJ45 port (10/100/1000Mbps) supporting PoE/PoE+.
1x 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet port.
2x 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet ports with PSE.
Factory reset pinhole.
Powering and Connecting the GWN7624
GWN7624 can be powered on using PoE/PoE+ switch using the following steps:
Step 1: Plug an RJ45 Ethernet cable into the network port of GWN7624.
Step 2: Plug the other end into the uplink port of the power over the Ethernet (PoE/PoE+) switch.
GWN7624 can be mounted on the wall, Please refer to the following steps for the appropriate installation.
- Use a measuring tape to measure the distance between the four wall mount slots on the back of the GWN7624 access point and use a pencil to mark the mounting screw holes on the wall.
- Drill the holes in the spots that you have marked, then attach the wall mount to the wall via the wall mount slots.
- Use the black screws to mount the GWN7624 main body on the wall mount after mounting the wall mount on the wall.
- Attach the front cover with the GWN7624 body and then the grey screw on the side.
Connect to GWN7624 Default Wi-Fi Network
GWN7624 can be used as standalone access point out of box, or after factory reset with Wi-Fi enabled by default.
After powering the GWN7624 and connecting it to the network, GWN7624 will broadcast a default SSID based on its MAC address GWN[MAC’s last 6 digits] and a random password.
Accessing the configuration Interface
A computer connected to the GWN7624’s SSID, or to the same network as the GWN7624 can discover and access its configuration interface using one of the below methods:
Method 1: Discover GWN7624 using its MAC Address
- Locate the MAC address on the MAC tag of the unit, which is on the underside of the device, or on the package.
- From a computer connected to same network as the GWN7624, type in following address using GWN7624’s MAC address on your browser: https://gwn_<mac>.local
Method 2: Discover GWN7624 using GWN Discovery Tool
- Download and install GWN Discovery Tool from the following link: https://www.grandstream.com/tools/GWNDiscoveryTool.zip
- Open the GWN DiscoveryTool, and click on Scan.
- The tool will discover all GWN76XX Access Points connected on the network showing their MAC and IP addresses.
- Click on Manage Device to be redirected directly to the GWN7624’s configuration interface, or type in manually the displayed IP address on your browser.
- Enter username and password to login. (The default administrator username is “admin” and the default random password can be found at the sticker on the GWN7624).
Refer to online documents and FAQ for more detailed information:
For Certification, Warranty and RMA information,
please visit www.grandstream.com